EMPLOYMENT AT NEWPORT SHIPYARD
Updated May 30, 2018 -
Position Title: Marine Electricians & Technicians
Reports To: Yard Manager
Supports: Electrical Department
Newport Shipyard is looking for experienced marine electricians and technicians. Newport Shipyard hires experienced members of marine trades who are reliable, organized, and hardworking.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years experience as a marine electrician.
- Candidates must be able to troubleshoot onboard electrical systems and provide direction to newer technicians learning the trade.
- Previous experience in the yachting industry is desirable to but not mandatory.
- Candidate must be proficient in marine electrical installations, generation systems, general marine electrical practices, switchboard and switching equipment, electrical drawing capable, and troubleshooting.
- Candidate must be personable and willing to converse with customers.
- Candidate must be within driving distance of Newport, RI area.
- Candidate must be fit and able to work in technical spaces onboard vessels.
- Candidate must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Candidate must be a team player.
- Medical/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Purchase Discounts, Tool Reimbursements
Voluntary Enrollment Options Include:
- AFLAC, TASC
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a cover letter & resume to: Steve Figueiredo, email@example.com. No phone calls please.