EMPLOYMENT AT NEWPORT SHIPYARD
Updated August 15, 2018 -
NEWPORT SHIPYARD NOW HIRING FALL DOCK STAFF - AWESOME OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH WORLD-CLASS YACHTS!
Newport Shipyard is now hiring dock staff for the fall. We are looking for college students and active adults (girls & guys!) to join our team working with some of the premiere yachts, captains and boat crew in the world. Newport Shipyard is the hub of yachting activity in New England and we have a fun and fast-paced work environment. Our season runs 7-days a week from May through October but we are flexible with academic schedules. Most work is outside at the Shipyard and includes docking boats, line handling, customer interaction, general yard maintenance, event set-up & breakdown, and more. Experience with boats is preferred but not required. Weeknights and weekends are a must and a valid driver's license is required. If you’re looking for a great way to spend your fall, please send a cover letter and resume to: Tim Parker, Assistant Dockmaster, at Newport Shipyard (email@example.com). Don’t delay - we are hiring only 4 additional dock staff for September & October.
Updated May 30, 2018 -
Position Title: Marine Electricians & Technicians
Reports To: Yard Manager
Supports: Electrical Department
Newport Shipyard is looking for experienced marine electricians and technicians. Newport Shipyard hires experienced members of marine trades who are reliable, organized, and hardworking.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years experience as a marine electrician.
- Candidates must be able to troubleshoot onboard electrical systems and provide direction to newer technicians learning the trade.
- Previous experience in the yachting industry is desirable to but not mandatory.
- Candidate must be proficient in marine electrical installations, generation systems, general marine electrical practices, switchboard and switching equipment, electrical drawing capable, and troubleshooting.
- Candidate must be personable and willing to converse with customers.
- Candidate must be within driving distance of Newport, RI area.
- Candidate must be fit and able to work in technical spaces onboard vessels.
- Candidate must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Candidate must be a team player.
- Medical/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Purchase Discounts, Tool Reimbursements
Voluntary Enrollment Options Include:
- AFLAC, TASC
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a cover letter & resume to: Steve Figueiredo, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.